Dodgers by Bill Beverly


I love reading books that captivate. One's that are so well written I cannot put them down until I finish it. Dodgers by Bill Beverly does just that.

The story begins in LA, the main character named East. A young teenage boy who has gotten mixed up in a gang. In fact, that is all he has known in his life. He doesn't have a father and the brother he does have has been living on the streets for a few years now as well. His mother is not active in his life and yet East still maintains honesty and some sort of dignity being a watchmen for a drug house.

This novel takes us from LA all the way to Ohio as East, his brother and two other men are sent on a mission by their leader. The road trip itself is full of surprises and though there is some violence in this book, it is far from graphic and a very enjoyable read.

During the whole story I found myself rooting for the well being of East. He is a good hearted kid, full of empathy and naturally a watchmen of all people. His character speaks volumes of those who live on the streets in the real world. They aren't all the thug they may put out to be. Deep inside they are still human.

I found this novel enjoyable from start to finish. It is definitely a novel I will re-read in the future and one that I am happy to have added to my library of books. If you are looking for a refreshing read, check out Dodgers by Bill Beverly . I really doubt you will be disappointed.

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. All opinions are 100% my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway