Green Enough - Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier!


Most of us have heard about "greener" living. Some of us have taken small steps towards it, others of us HUGE progress, maybe even living completely "green". Personally, I am EXTREMELY busy with my life - small kids, homeschooling, keeping house, etc. A lot of us ARE really busy with life, so it is hard to dig into what "green" really means. Or, if you're like me, you have in the past, but have gotten slightly lazy in some aspects.

Well, thanks to Leah Segedie, Founder and CEO of Bookieboo Network and Mamavation, my job just got a whole lot easier. In Green Enough, Leah touches on Green Living, in a sane manner. Not once is she judgmental to us mother's who are doing our best for our families. She is extremely relatable and shares such invaluable information, this book will not be a read once - it will become a reference for a "greener" life.

The book starts off with food. Food - sometimes it feels like it can be our worst enemy, and as someone who has formerly struggled with food in a negative way, finding my love for it has actually been a joyous journey. Leah can totally relate, as in her introduction she tells a little about her struggle with weight. Mine was a hate for food, so I struggled with weight, but on the opposite end. I didn't eat enough and was extremely ill. I had to change my eating to get my body healthy again. Reading Green Enough has been a great reminder for me to love my food, to cherish my body by knowing what I am eating and what my family is as well.

The second topic was food containers, cookware, and packaging. I really thought that I had this one in the bag. Food, I get it. I buy junk food for the family as a treat. Containers - I have lots of glass. I have stainless steel pots and pans. But did I think about my plastic water bottles? Or the cute, plastic cups my kid got from McDonald's - the one's with his favorite LEGO Batman characters? The plastic sippy cups. OH THE HORROR! I hadn't really. Most of mine were #5 - thank God. BUT, I do have some #7's, DID have, I should say. I did keep most of my 5's, while tossing those adorable McD's cups, because those, scarily enough, are #7. Below, you can see an excerpt from the book regarding those recycle tags. It was an eye opener to go through my cupboards. And I had NO idea what those codes meant. NONE. Thanks to Green Enough, now I do.


Not only does she talk about better foods, brands that are the best and the worst, but she also goes into detail about household products and beauty products. WITH RECIPES. I LOVE DIY stuff, and when I know it is healthier for myself and my boys, I am one happy mama. the recipes are SO EASY, much cheaper than streamline, especially name brand products. Once my deodorant is out, I am taking her recipe and using it. My husband has struggled with sensitive underarms FOREVER and not even those "healthy" versions on the shelf have helped. I am hoping he will jump on board with this for healthier pits. Who knows? Maybe since my kids are young enough, these will become habits for them too, so they can carry on healthier living with their families when they grow up. A girl can dream right?

I am so grateful to Leah and her crew, the people who helped her write Green Enough ,and her team in general. I would never have gotten all of this information in my lifetime - and like I stated above, I was getting slightly lazy. My baby is a little over a year, not sleeping through the night and this mama is tired ALL the time. If someone helps me a little, I am extremely grateful. So thank you Leah for helping my family get "greener". Don't wait, and get your copy today. I know you WON'T regret it.


Snag your own copy here: http://amzn.to/2ppIDMB

Reprinted from Green Enough by Leah Segedie. Copyright ©2018 by Leah Segedie. By permission of Rodale Books, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Available wherever books are sold.

I received this book to review, all opinions are 100% my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway