Run With Me by Sonya Richards Ross


Let me say, this book is inspiring. Reading Sanya's story was beyond amazing, and as a runner I found it extremely inspirational, though I am definitely not even close to Olympic material. 

Sanya Richards-Ross began running at the age of 7. Born in Kingston, Jamaica, she naturally wanted to be a runner. Running is huge in Jamaica just like Football or Baseball are big in America. She even says that this was her gift from God - to run. I love how each chapter begins with a Bible scripture. 

Sanya tells us her story - the journey of becoming a U.S. Olympic Champion. With the support of her family, Sanya goes on to become a record breaker - a U.S. and World record breaker. Through it all she gives the glory to God, which is amazing for someone who has done so many great things. 

I found this book a great, easy read. It is geared toward a younger crowd, I would say pre-teen - teen. As I said, extremely easy to read, has great sets of facts throughout the chapters. For example, on page 179 she tells us things that can happen in a quarter of a second (that's FAST!): A hummingbird flaps its wings four times (WHAT!), 190,000 gallons of water flow over Niagra Falls, and the International Space Station flies 1.25 miles. So not only is this about running, but it gives great comparisons to time and speed. 

I loved this book. My oldest even enjoyed it when I read it to him. Easy to read and inspirational. Definitely keeping on my bookshelf to read again.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (pg 191)

*I received this book from Book Look Bloggers to read and review. All opinions are 100% my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway