Love

Accepting the Love 

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 NIV
I have always struggled with acceptance. Whether it be by friends, family or even my husband. The only person I really feel who accepts me is my little boy, and that is because he is my child. No, I am not saying this to get sympathy; far from it. I know there are others who feel just as I do. It is hard to accept other people's love when you yourself feel inadequate and never good enough for that love.

The thing is, with God's love, none of us are deserving of it. Romans 3:23 states that well:
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." 
I certainly don't deserve it. Of all the things I have done in my life that I know are against His 10 commandments, or other things that we all know are wrong. Like lying or cheating. Most of these the world says are okay. Some of these come in easy forms that we overlook and pass over as okay. Simple things like lying to the boss about why I was late for work. Or even changing a story I am telling to make myself look better or just to make the story more interesting all in all. Simple things. And that is where I fall short.

Why then, would God send His son for me? Why does God love any of us for that matter?

Last night as I was driving home from my running class, it hit me. He loves us because we are His children. I am a parent. No matter what my son could ever do in his life, I will always love him. It may hurt me yes, and I may be disappointed, but I will always love him. And that is how God's love is for us. He will always love us. We are weak by human nature. For that matter check this out:
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17 NIV
He is not the guy sitting above the anthill with a magnifying glass, scrutinizing every move we make, and once a mistake is made lights us on fire! Not at all! Instead He treats us as His children.
"My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent His rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those He loves as a father the son he delights in." Proverbs 3:11-12 NIV
The Lord disciplines those He loves. Maybe some of the hardships that come my way aren't coincidence or annoyances. They are things I need to look deeper at and see what God is trying to teach me through it so I can grow in my faith with God and learn the things I have not yet learned. God knows that. He knows what I need to learn as His child. So instead of not accepting the love God really has for me and dumbing it down, I need to open my heart to the full love that God has for me, which is unfathomable. I cannot imagine giving up my son for the sins of this world. I couldn't do it. All are so undeserving. I have done nothing making me worthy of God's love or salvation. But that is the beauty of our Heavenly Father. Despite all the horrible things in this world, He still loves it and every single person in it. God loves you! Let's not let His love be taken for granted or not accepted. For if I have God's love, and accept it, it is all I need to make it through each day.
"As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. For He says, 'In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.' I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6: 1-2 NIV 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway