Liebster Award Nomination!
Thanks to The Homemaker-Mom, I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Suzie! I am greatly honored to even be considered for this award, let alone nominated.
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I decided to start blogging as a hobby. Being a stay at home mom, blogging is a way for me to express myself and interact with other people.
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting other blogger's! I have met some wonderful people already!
3. What is your biggest challenge in blogging?
Growing my audience has been a challenge.
4. What is your favorite thing to cook?
Honestly, I love to cook anything! I absolutely enjoy cooking and trying new recipes!
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I would travel to France. I have always wanted to see Paris and eat the amazing food!
6. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a doctor so I could help people.
7. What would be your dream job now?
I love office work, so I guess it would be to find an at-home office job.
8. What is your favorite meal to order at a restaurant?
I love mussels! I have never tried making them myself, and we have a fabulous French restaurant nearby that makes them SO good! Mussels in a white wine sauce with pancetta. YUM!
9. What is your favorite dessert?
I am not huge on sweets, but I really do LOVE cheesecake! So rich and delicious!
10. What is your favorite Holiday?
I love Christmas. It's a time to celebrate Christ's birth and I love seeing my little boy so excited on Christmas morning (and for the whole season haha). Last year he was talking about Christmas in July already! Such a fun time of year!
11. What would your dream night date include?
A trip to the aforementioned French restaurant and then a walk through the city and the parks nearby. Just time alone to reconnect would be amazing.
11 Facts About Me
- I was home-schooled from 6th-11th grade.
- I am a survivor of sexual abuse.
- I used to do drugs, drink and party a lot starting at age 17, until I got pregnant with Benjamin at 23. That changed my whole life around. God sent him to me to save my life I believe.
- When I was 4 years old, I prayed that I would get braces, get glasses and that I would marry a man with green eyes, dark curly hair and who was tan. All of those things came true.
- I had always wanted a black cat, ever since I was super small. In 2007, a stray kitten came up to me while I was on our porch and guess what? She was black! This June will mark 8 years of having her.
- I drink water all the time. I always have a bottle or cup with me.
- I enjoy theme parks, and roller coasters!
- I have gone skydiving and I LOVED it!
- My husband and I will have been together 10 years as of February 15th and married 5 on June 11th.
- My mom and I are best friends.
- I am an introvert. I would rather stay home than go out.
The Liebster Award is being passed around to blogs across the web to up and coming bloggers! Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you
- Post the award image on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate a few blogs for the Liebster Award
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer