Dr. Jacobs Naturals - Castile Soap




Ever since I read Green Enough by Leah Segedie, I have made a priority of cleaning up our household products to  be greener and healthier. Part of that is beauty products and toiletries, which can be pricey if you don't find the right stuff.

I was introduced to Dr. Jacobs Naturals and am in LOVE. Why? Because their Castile Soap can be used for so many things! It can be used as a dish soap, body wash, shampoo, all purpose cleaner, shaving lather, even laundry soap. The newest thing I'm going to try is bathing my cats in it - HAHA. They get a monthly bath and it's coming up soon, so I am excited to use this.


As a body wash, it has left my skin extremely soft. I have dry skin, and taking hot or long showers dries it out even more - and so does shaving! So having a soap that keeps my skin soft without me having to lather on tons of lotion post-shower is great. I also used it as a shampoo, which I have dyed hair that it cleaned really well - just make sure to wash out the soap completely! I had a little greasiness the first time because I was rushed that day. But it made my hair soft and I didn't need conditioner. Also note, do not get it into eyes. It hurts like heck! My husband accidentally got it into babys eyes and it was so sad. Then I washed my face and got it in mine and it hurt pretty bad. Like any soap, avoid the eyes.


It smells amazing and is feel good, and by that I mean it is VEGAN, CRUELTY FREE, and there are NO artificial dyes or coloring, no palm oil, parabens or sulfates. It is also non-GMO and Gluten Free. I mean, that is awesome!

My favorite product was the Minty Cucumber Mojito soap bar. The soap actually has mint leaves in it and lathers nicely for a good clean. It isn't like standard soap bars I noticed and lasts longer than something like Dove or Olay. It has a wonderful blend of essential oils that gives it the wonderful smell and only has 11 ingredients, which are listed on the site as well as on the 100% recycled paper packaging. A 5oz bar goes for $5.95 and you can purchase right off of the website. They offer 4 other soap bar scents which are:


  • Citrus Crush Cocktail
  • Coco Loco Limeade
  • Lucy Rose
  • Luscious Lavender

The liquid soap is just as good and is easy to use. The 16oz bottles come with a pump and the 32oz bottles have an easy pop up top. They aren't watery at all and a little goes a long way. I have the pump bottle as a hand soap in the bathroom and love how soft it leaves my hands, and the 32oz in the shower for the rest of the family that prefers liquid over bar soap. I've used the Coconut Castile Soap which has a light coconut fragrance to it. Nothing overwhelming and smells refreshing. My hand wash is the Shea Butter which really doesn't have a fragrance to me and is perfect as a hand wash. Altogether there are 11 fragrances to choose from for the liquid. 

  • Coconut
  • Shea Butter
  • Sweet Tea Tree
  • Unscented
  • Rose
  • Peppermint
  • Lavender
  • Eucalyptus
  • Citrus
  • Charcoal
  • Almond Honey

A 16oz pump is $10.95 while the 32oz is $17.95. The prices are very fair and the product amazing. You can read more about Dr. Jacobs Naturals on there About Us page.



*I received these Dr. Jacobs Naturals products free to test and review. All opinions are 100% my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway