Happy Father's Day, Dad!





My dad holds a special place in my heart. He has done more for our family then most men do. See, when I was 9 years old my mom married him and he adopted myself and my 3 siblings. He took us into his home and raised us as his own. He is always there for me when I need him and is such a wonderful man. I couldn't ask for a better person to have been my father in life than him.

We have done a lot of fun things together, just me and him. He took me to Bristol, Tennessee to a Nascar race one year and that was a fun experience for a little kid! We've gone on canoe/camping trips together and I'll never forget the night I actually got to see the Northern Lights on that canoe trip. And those are just two that stick out in my head at the moment. He gave us opportunities we wouldn't have had otherwise in life. He taught me how to drive a stick, and I'll never forget one night out practicing driving and I hit a bear! A BEAR! Who does that??!!! Me and dad LOL. So many good memories. 

Despite the disrespect I showed as a teenager and the pent up anger that got dealt him that wasn't his to take, he has loved me through thick and thin. Even when I was a foolish partier and stoner he was there if I would call and ask for help. He has always accepted me for me, even at my worst. 

My dad is full of integrity and honesty. He is a man I look up to and will for the rest of my life. I love you dad.

And a special shout out to all the dad's out there who have raised someone else's kids. You have stepped up and will always hold a special spot in a child's life, even as they grow older. 

Happy Father's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway