Phoenix Claws and Jade Trees by Kian Lam Kho



Phoenix Claws and Jade Treees - Essential Techniques of Authentic Chinese Cooking by Kian Lam Kho is just that. I have always loved Chinese food but sometimes restaurants are leary places. For me, I prefer to make my food and once I can make it, I have no need to order out for it again! This book provides me with that and I absolutely love it.

This cookbook isn't just a book full of recipes. It contains a whole section on Knife Techniques and even starts off with the history behind Regional Chinese Cuisine. Who doesn't love to learn more about the culture they are cooking? This book goes into details about aromatics used in Chinese Cooking as well as the sauces, starches and spices.


Once you start getting into the chapters containing the recipes, I find they are extremely easy to follow and cook. The one recipe I was SO excited to try was the General Tso's Chicken recipe. It is definitely not something I have ever gotten when I have ordered it in a restaurant. It is so delicious and fresh I am in love!
I topped mine with Bok Choy to add a freshness to the dish itself as there recipe has thinly sliced scallion greens. I had them on hand but wanted to make another batch of cheese wontons (one of my favorites).  There are step by step instructions with the recipes and over 200 beautiful photographs (done by Jody Horton) to keep you intrigued at what you are creating in your own kitchen.


If you are intested in learning more about Chinese Cuisine, how to correctly achieve the techniques used and make your family a home-made and absolutely delicious Chinese dinner, this book is for you! It even has a beautiful bright red ribbon page marker so you can keep your place. I loved sitting down and reading through it before I even attempted one of the recipes. You can get your own copy here: Phoenix Claws and Jade Trees

*I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway