Scalloped Potatoes with Ham




One of my favorite childhood recipes is scalloped potatoes. It is hearty, filling and just a delicious comfort food for me and I want to share my recipe!

Ingredients:

5-6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and sliced evenly (see picture)
1/2 of a large white or vidalia sweet onion, diced
1 cup of ham (can be deli meat or cubed)
1/3 cup of butter
16 fl oz heavy whipping cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place peeled and cut potatoes in a 13x9 inch pan. Cover with onions and ham and mix together for even distribution. Add enough salt and pepper to taste and then slice the butter and place on top of the potatoes (see picture). Pour the heavy whipping cream over the top of the potatoes and ham and bake for about an hour, stirring a few times in between. The potatoes will be tender and the cream thick and bubbly.

Potatoes Sliced evenly and thin - quarter the potato first
Now my mom used to cook this in a bowl, layering the potatoes, onions, ham butter, then another layer of potatoes etc. She would bake it in a ceramic dish. I found using the 13x9 pan was faster for cooking and just as delicious!

In this recipe I used smoked Krestchmar deli ham, because I haven't bought a half ham for cooking in awhile and it works just as well.





Before placed in the oven

Do you have a favorite comfort food? If so I'd love to hear what it is in the comments below!

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Your dads favorite. I still cook ir on a cwramix bowl but one layer would cook much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dads favorite. I still cook ir on a cwramix bowl but one layer would cook much faster.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway