Homeschooling - The Second Week




When I started this homeschooling adventure I really had no idea what I was in for. I still wonder if the decision I made is the correct one, but will keep pressing on as I feel it is right for him and will be the best for him in regards to education.

For those that do this with multiple children, kudos. It can be hectic and last week between work and homeschooling along with the normal duties of a housewife, I thought I was going to go crazy! It really was a fun experience though and by the end of the week we were getting the hang of balancing work and school and Benjamin was flying through the work I had for him.

So Friday night when I was preparing this week's homework I wanted to try to make it a little more challenging so we started working on plurals in phonics as well as reading and comprehension. It looks so good on paper!

Then today came. Monday. The dreaded first day of the week. After a wonderful family weekend of catching up on housework and exploring Minneapolis on Sunday, we came smack into reality this morning.

I was tired and Benjamin was reluctant to do school, being defiant and needing more breaks than usual. I also noticed that my idea of putting two new ideas regarding reading was probably not the greatest idea. I will keep it for the next two days and see how it catches on because as with anything practice and perseverance make perfect; or at least that is what I've been told.

Getting through this week will be another adventure! The days all bring something different and I am happy to take it! Have a wonderful week of school everyone! And if anyone has any homeschooling advice, feel free to comment below.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the ideas! I am enjoying it so far. It was a lot more stressful at first than it is now that we are getting the hang of it. Benjamin actually will sit and do all his work at once with little to no breaks now! I can tell he enjoys it though some things come harder for him than others, which is natural. I'll try the phonics as a game for sure! And YES they grow up TOO fast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway