#FinisherShirtFriday

Shout out to my runner and triathlon readers! Today is #FinisherShirtFriday so rock that shirt that you are so proud of! That race you almost didn't finish or didn't think you could and you did! Be proud you crossed that finish line because not every can! You are AMAZING!


For my shirt pic, I chose the Woodbury Country Mile shirt. I love this shirt because it reminds me of my accomplishments last summer as a runner. I would be a fool to take all the credit too! The wonderful women at Woodbury Moms On The Run are the ones who gave me the drive and the want to do better. To strive to race and to learn to love to run. Kristina Ticknor is the best coach and she will always have a special place in my heart. April Davis has become a dear friend and inspiration to me. And I loved the burn after every workout with Cailin Ashfield from those squats and lunges. I learned that it isn't about being skinny, but being healthy and strong. These women are amazing and I hope some of you have the pleasure of some day meeting them if you don't already know them.

This race was a hot and hilly one. I don't remember my race time but I remember finishing and thinking man, I didn't beat my goal and I doubt I got a medal, so lets just leave. Little did I know I placed 1st in my age group!!! Thankfully, Kristina stayed back with some of the other ladies and got it for me! I will always keep this medal as a reminder that I CAN! With great effort I WILL. 


The same goes for you. If you really want something, strive for it. You won't know what you're capable of until you just go for it. Before I started with Moms On The Run a year ago, I couldn't even run 2 blocks without feeling like I was going to die. By the end of last year, I ran my first 10K after running 4 5K's throughout the summer. I can go out and run 6 miles and know that I CAN do it. I am striving for a Half Marathon this fall and I will run that race. 

So show yourself some love. Be proud of what you have accomplished as an athlete and show the world your #FinisherShirtFriday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway