I Am Nothing On My Own




Lately, I have been pondering a few things. Benjamin and I listen to what I call "Story Time" on the radio. I've listened to it since I was a kid. It has great programs related to God and just good morals they teach kids within the hour and a half program. One of the stories sparked a question inside me. It was about two boys who were talking about their churches and how they would hand out materials to others. One of the boys thought that was his way of earning his way into heaven, while the other boy disagreed and said he just did that to bring others to the Lord. He said the only real way of getting into heaven was accepting Jesus as your Savior because you know you can't do it without him; because you needed him.

That is what sparked my interest. Do I really need Jesus? Does my life spell out the fact that I can't do it on my own? I remember a conversation with a friend who was telling me how she thought it was impressive that I had quit drinking, smoking and being a stoner so quickly after finding out I was pregnant with Benjamin. Pridefully I said I know, most people aren't like me.

I didn't do it on my own! Are you serious? There is no way I could do that on my own. So as I make dinner tonight and reflect on my major flaw in life, I can't help but think, Do I really need Jesus? Or do I just follow blindly and what I was taught growing up? Where is the deep need for him, to learn more about his teachings and what I should do as a disciple of Jesus? To read the Bible and get to KNOW him and have a relationship with him, like it was meant to be all along?

This is something I will definitely have to ponder for awhile and search my own heart as to what my intentions are in life. This scripture in Matthew keeps coming to my mind:

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

When Jesus had finished these words, the crowds were amazed at His teaching; for He was teaching them as one having authority, and not as their scribes - Matthew 7:21-29


If you are interested in Story Time or any of the other wonderful programs on this Christian Radio station, click Here. The click the button they have that says Click Here and you can listen on your computer or smart phone! Story time starts at approximately 3:15 EST.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway