Sunflower Oil - What You Should Know!



I was recently introduced to Sunflower Oil through social media and was so impressed by what I found that I just HAVE to share it with you. Now the sunflower oil in the picture is from Healthy Harvest Productions, LLC and is a Non-GMO form of it. Before we get into why this is my favorite brand, let's explore why to use sunflower oil.

Benefits

Sunflower oil is high in Vitamin E, Tocopherol as well as Omega-3 and Omega-6. It naturally has antioxidants as well. It is important for our bodies to have a healthy balance of fatty acids.

Sunflower oil has many health benefits including skin, heart and immune system support. Since it is high in antioxidants it naturally boosts our immune systems making our bodies better enabled to fight off infections or even prevent illness. Omega-3 is necessary for healthy bodily function and helps with depression, asthma, arthritis and Alzheimer's, among other benefits. Omega-6 is also a necessary fatty acid that our bodies need. 


One of my favorite uses for sunflower oil is cosmetic. My son suffers from eczema and certain weather makes it worse. Sunflower oil is high in antioxidants and vitamin E, so has many healing properties. For relief of his eczema, I put a small amount of the oil on my hand and rub it into his skin on affected area's ONLY. The first time I did this I really didn't expect to see much of a change the next morning. I was right, it wasn't a HUGE change, but the eczema wasn't as severe and wasn't as red. With use every other day since, I have seen a great improvement in his symptoms. 

Another way to use it is probably the most obvious and that is for cooking. I haven't yet used it for frying, though I know that is a possibility, but I have used it to roast asparagus in the oven and to crisp up chicken skin on roasted chicken. 

Instead of vegetable oil or olive oil in salad dressing's, I sometimes use the sunflower oil for a light, pleasant flavor. It has a great texture and flavor that I enjoy.

Why I Choose Healthy Harvest Productions Sunflower Oil


The Mission Statement above pretty much sums it up, though there is other reason's I prefer this brand. For one, it is in a glass bottle which I prefer for most of my products. It is physically refined without chemicals or hydrogenation. It is Non-GMO which is something I have been looking for more and more in the products I purchase. Also, you can trace it to the point of origin. Check out there about page here: About Healthy Harvest Productions.


I am happy to add Sunflower oil to my family's diet and will continue to do so. The things we eat can highly affect our performance in the day to day life and to be able to get so many benefits from one product without having to add so many supplements to my diet has this momma happy!

Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance With Me, Momma

My First Giveaway!

WINNER ANNOUNCED! Forskolin Coleus - An All Natural Weight Loss Supplement Review & Giveaway